• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Spicing up the Elemental rule

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Spicing up the Elemental rule

Postby Xardas » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:27 pm

To clear out any possible misunderstanding in before: I'm not suggesting to change the Elemental rule used now. It's just about optional addendums.

I thought of two different features, wich could be used if the Elemental rule is chosen:

1) "Full Elemental":
    My idea would be that with this rule, 8 out of the 9 fields would become an elemental field. Also, there will always be exactly one field of each element - which adds up nicely to 9, if the non-elemental field is counted. Of course, which field will become which of the elements should be random for every game.

2) "Elemental +":
    Two instances led me into thinking of this rule:
    1) The "Holy" field is basically a "-1 field" for like 99% of all games.
    2) "What? Why is an ice field for Mesmerize (neutral) as harmful as for a Bomb (Fire)?"

FF8, as well as TT, uses 8 Elements. For each element, somewhat of an "opposite" element esists.
    Fire - Ice
    Lightning - Water
    Earth - Wind
    Holy - Poison (I admit this one might be questionable)

So the only change with this rule would be, that setting a card with the opposite element of the field element leads into -2, not -1.
    Ex.
    Ifrit on Lightning field: still -1
    Ifrit on ice field: -2!

This can be combined with my other rule, which leads to "Full ElementalJacket"!!
    Nah, jokes aside, it will add up to "Full Elemental +"

Elemental Storm, of course, should erase the "Full Elemental" rule.
    What are your thoughts, fellow peasants and overlord CbbK?
    Xardas

Re: Spicing up the Elemental rule

Postby SelphieSelfie » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Xardas wrote:1) "Full Elemental":
    My idea would be that with this rule, 8 out of the 9 fields would become an elemental field.

5-6 / 9 seems better. A slider bar so users can get to choose how many fields become elemental would be nice.
    Xardas wrote:2) "Elemental +":
    FF8, as well as TT, uses 8 Elements. For each element, somewhat of an "opposite" element esists.
    Fire - Ice
    Lightning - Water
    Earth - Wind
    Holy - Poison (I admit this one might be questionable)

To be honest I don't think this would affect games much as not many cards are elemental to begin with. My idea is more of a 'Cyclical Elemental' kind of game where there's a chance each elemental would move (maybe indicated by an arrow maybe) to a different square as the game progresses so odds can change throughout the game while a player can plan their moves based on the elemental cycles as well.
    Maybe even give a chance for 2 elementals to occupy 1 square so that's one way of getting your +2 or -2.
    SelphieSelfie

Return to TTFO