• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Loser Winner and alternating starts.

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Loser Winner and alternating starts.

Postby Saintsy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:51 pm

Was going to post in Champ general but this needs its own thread. I brought this up in another thread iirc (Cant remember which one) but something really needs to be done about it.

It's no secret that in LW, whoever starts already has a 75% chance of losing. Though when adding supporting rules to the game (Plus, Random deck, SW#) like the champ just gone, combined with some luck of the draw, pulling draws/wins consistantly when playing first is achieveable.

However, the problem lies with the rotation of starts. Take an example of my games vs Pepp, we played maybe 15-20+ games and i started all but maybe 4-5 lol. This should not happen with a special rule that makes "Playing first" almost unwinnable in most circumstances.
    There were plenty of us that got dealt with these sorts of patterns, was an awesomely fun champ but it did get frustrating when you start 5+ games in a row lol.

Simple soloution is that when the rule "Loser winner" is selected, for champ or normal play, that start rotation be tied to the rule. Meaning the first game is completely random, but then each game after is on a set rotation. It should also tie itself to the actual player. Meaning if Player A starts, loses and Player B quits, if they were to play again Player B will start. This is to combat anyone that would simply quit after a game to avoid starting.
    If that is indeed possible to do?
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Re: Loser Winner and alternating starts.

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:31 pm

LOL, see big thread about this issue. Still unresolved!

http://www.tripletriadflashonline.com/e ... ?f=5&t=345
    Jack Daniels

Re: Loser Winner and alternating starts.

Postby Saintsy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:05 am

Ah thats the thread i was thinking of haha! (Honestly was too lazy to check them all at the time).
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Return to TTFO