• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • TTFO Community Please Vote

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

TTFO Community Please Vote

Postby .com » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Hello TTFO Community. Many players, myself included, love this website. All the great things about this site are a direct result of CBBK's hard work, and the valuable input of great players. I feel like every now and then there are players that tarnish the reputation of this great game, especially around championship time. Normally, we go to the forums and beg for CBBK to look into it. I am proposing that if we love this site, we need to do something ourselves.

I believe that we, as a community need to do something to combat players who ruin the experience for others. I suggest that we vote for 5 TTFO players to assist in keeping a balance in the community. These members will be like the TTFO Committee. Some of their responsibilities will include:

Vote on players who they believe should be on a "Do Not Play List"
    Collecting ideas for new championships, rules, etc.
    Assisting new players to the site.

If a Committee member disappears, the community should vote for a new member, and there should be no more than 5. They can communicate however they feel comfortable. This has not been endorsed by CBBK, and he can disband it at any time.

Please vote for players who you think would be good Committee members. They must be active, at least during champs. They must be players you feel have good morale. You may vote for yourself. Lastly, they must accept the duty.

Here is my vote:

Spencekwon
    Jack Daniels
    Ultima Weapon
    Saintsy
    Mukuroy
    Founder of The Brotherhood of Seed
    CG Artist of Triple Triad Flash Online
    https://cityofsecrets.deviantart.com/
    https://kong3d.com/
    .com

Re: TTFO Community Please Vote

Postby Jack Daniels » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 am

I nominate .com because

1. Amazingly skilled player
    2. AMAZINGLY nice and great person & player
    3. Is very active in champs
    4. Has a keen eye ;)
    Jack Daniels

Postby MukuroY » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:27 am

LOL a Disciplinary Committee from TTFO? I'm totally agree with .com.

The championships seems as really need one (or more) "championship guardians"! I mean, all championship have problems with unfair players or "friendly" games with one player loosing for purpose or using two accounts to win easy matches. TTFO need someone to look for it in the champs, and not only random players reporting random games... I can imagine how hard can be to CbbK watch all those reported games and think about it...

Well, but I'll let my suggestions for later. Now I want to say: Sir .com, you was drunk when chose me, right? XD

I have tried to think in 5 players, but I'm not really sure and I want think more about it, maybe talking in the lobby with other players. You make your choises basing in world regions?

But i can say my first vote is the same as Jack: .com (copy+paste in Jack comment) :mrgreen:
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby SpenceKwon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:07 am

I will throw my support behind an initiative like this :)
    I too understand the importance of balance within a community.

So that being said I will be happy to get involved and help out where ever I can.

I could name 5-10 players suitable but would like to see them put their names forward :)
    [SRM] Founding Member of the Selective Random Movement-
    *join now to help bring peace and balance to the ongoing war between
    random vs choose

Also Check out all my videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLT1D ... LmfeWNXWeQ
    SpenceKwon

Postby CbbK » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Once again, great initiative .com, thanks ;)
    I'll release a new version soon, with some minor corrections, but mostly to add the "Commitee/Moderator" status.
    People who applied to be moderators :
    - TrueChaos
    - SpenceKwon
    - Tiayviel

About what is expected from a moderator :
    Well, to answer questions and guide newcomers (.com has done some good tutorials in the Triple Triad part of the forum), nothing like spying on everyone or so, it's just a game. Of course as part of the ship, part of the crew, you'll have to ensure that there's no (not much) abuses.
    Players will win a success when playing against you ;)
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby Saintsy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:58 am

Great idea and all, but to me, the point of it is lost.

I just don't see the point in making a "committee" for things everyone should be doing regardless.
    I mean, if its just having 5 people with official titles for new players to seek out and find help, like a "Helper status", then thats sweet. But in the end, everything's still gonna have to be run by cbbk anyway.
    I might be overlooking/missing something here, but it's honestly just the way i see the whole thing.

I'll put my name down for it all since im always helping rookies if they have questions or want to learn how to use rules properly etc etc, won't stop doing so whether im on this "Committee" or not.

Also, with the "Do not play list", it has its pro's and cons. It would be nice to know which players i should avoid and all, but if all higher tier players refuse to play them in champs, then those players can almost get a free pass through the phases playing rookies and those that dont frequently visit for forum.
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Postby .com » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Saintsy,

Thank you for the great input. I agree that there isn't much of a role for this group at the moment. The reason that I think this should be created is to have a voice for the community. The Blacklist is the most important element to it. If there is a centralized place where other players can be informed of who to look out for, it should bring some kind of pressure on the individuals doing wrong. At the moment, it is the Wild West and wrong players are doing wrong things simply because they can. There are player who are morally wrong, but they play within the rules of the games. Yet, just because you are not breaking any rules, doesn't make what you do right.

There is no solution to dealing with negative players at this time, but here is something that might have some kind of effect on something. It is by no means a resolution, but doing nothing doesn't seem to be working.
    .com

Postby Saintsy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 am

I mean, if its possible to do, have a bulletin board that's clickable (Like champ screen,shop,AI etc) could be a viable option for this, but the way its handled should be delicately otherwise it could almost be like a personnal attack and create this "Unfriendly vibe" on the website which isnt what we want.

If a player is reported multiple times by different players, and there's enough evidence to support these reports, then to me its fair enough to have their name on a board. Obviously give them a couple warnings for their behaviour Via Private message on forums (Im pretty sure its set on default for emails when recieve a PM from admin?), and if their behaviour still continues, then on the "board" their name goes until they prove they've redeemed themselves.

And honestly, i believe that a pressence of such a thing in game would straighten up a few players, regardless of whether there's names on it or not. The description of would have to get straight to the point of why its there so people understand.

One thing i am certain of though is that we need a straight up guideline of what is and isnt reportable. Whether its friendly games in champs or more morally based like older players challenging new comers with advanced rules and gain. With a guideline, things will(Hopefully) start falling into place. Just my thoughts.
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Postby Ultima Weapon IX » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:55 pm

This is another good idea, .com :)

Well, my votes are:

- Myself
    - Spencekwon
    - Jack Daniels
    - Cactiliòn
    - Saintsy
    Ultima Weapon IX

Postby .com » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:17 am

Thanks for all the replies. We just need a few more votes. Anyone can vote, and there is nothing wrong with voting for yourself. Thanks again.
    .com

Next

Return to TTFO