• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Cheaters in champ?

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Cheaters in champ?

Postby Saintsy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:50 pm

Now i could be jumping the gun, but we're 90% sure these are the same person.
    Friendly games coming up in champ, fake games being played, all been reported.

http://prntscr.com/2hju3t
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Re: Cheaters in champ?

Postby SpenceKwon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:59 pm

This dramatically changes the ladder.
    Their playing games that shouldn't be played, creating a chain reaction of un-natural events.
    Alot of players on the cusp will miss out on progressing fairly because of this
    [SRM] Founding Member of the Selective Random Movement-
    *join now to help bring peace and balance to the ongoing war between
    random vs choose

Also Check out all my videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLT1D ... LmfeWNXWeQ
    SpenceKwon

Postby CbbK » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 pm

Thank you for your reports. Playing friendly game in this champ is indeed a problem, as gains are not disabled when playing a friendly game. Now that I mention this, I think I'll consider putting only no-gains for friendly game, that'll ensure this problem won't happen again.
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby Jack Daniels » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:47 pm

yeah, the bonuses shoudl certainly NOT count during friendly games (both Multiple Player bonus, and Precious Card bonus).

I thought guys with the same IP address couldn't even both play in the same champ? It used to be that one of the accounts was automatically "disabled", or something...?
    Jack Daniels

Postby Saintsy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:14 am

Cool.
    Another thing. It's not really classed as cheating, more idiotic moron behaviour. Something needs to be done about people using 5 Precious cards in a game.

Example:

http://prntscr.com/2hp6zv
    http://prntscr.com/2hp847

Basically games like this have tainted each phase aswell. I was just knocked out because of this game. Not mad as i really dont like level 1, but the principal of it all. It needs to lock to only using 1, maybe 2 Precious cards.

There's no real logic that players should be doing this other than them giving up and giving whoever they're playing a free pass to the next phase. I belive that the winner of that match went from being outside green list to being top 8 from that win, kinda ridiculous tbh.

Saintsy

Postby SpenceKwon » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 am

Out of principal you and others close on ladder should be restored to the current phase.
    How can you react to this stuff when it happens so close to phase end.

:(
    Last edited by .com on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: swearing
    [SRM] Founding Member of the Selective Random Movement-
    *join now to help bring peace and balance to the ongoing war between
    random vs choose

Also Check out all my videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLT1D ... LmfeWNXWeQ
    SpenceKwon

Postby Jack Daniels » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:16 am

well, if your cards are getting taken away, and you have nothing left, all you can play is your remaining Precious cards. if they have more than 0 Vpts, they should be allowed to try.

I HAVE SEEN games in another My Precious tourney where the guy played 4 Precious cards (cause he was down to that many, and HAD to play that many) and he won the game LOL. I think it was bombs...weak corner play ;)

in conclusion, as long as they have more than 0 vpts, and have cards to play, they should certainly be allowed to try, even if they must play multiple Precious cards, based on their limited deck.
    Jack Daniels

Postby Saintsy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:41 am

Oh i agree with you bro, hell, the last my precious i had to use 2 Tkings since i lost everything else haha.

Thats not the situation for most cases. The game im on about, Dominos still had a good selection of cards + Multiples to choose from, but he opted for the "Im not gonna make to next phase so ill just screw around" and essentially gave Lilo the precious cards. He just placed them anywhere, didnt even attempt to play properly with them. That sort of shit should not be allowed!

Nothing can really be done about this sadly. Would be great if there were a way to "Lock" using more than 1 precious card until you actually needed to since you've lost almost all of your cards, leaving precious card decks as a last resort.

CbbK wrote:Thank you for your reports. Playing friendly game in this champ is indeed a problem, as gains are not disabled when playing a friendly game. Now that I mention this, I think I'll consider putting only no-gains for friendly game, that'll ensure this problem won't happen again.

Jack Daniels wrote:I thought guys with the same IP address couldn't even both play in the same champ? It used to be that one of the accounts was automatically "disabled", or something...?

Yeah, i didnt read this properly earlier (Shit night sleep haha).
    I reported games and a player last champ for the exact same thing, he tried to boost himself into the finals, but he gained no points vs himself when he won. Though no gain rule so it was pointless for him.

Its the fact that people are entering champs with 2 accounts on the same IP (I assume).
    One was from "Japan" and the other "Italy", yet came up with friendly game so clearly they've tried to cover it up. I mean, if it comes up friendly game (Thats not because of a player on 0 points) then it should be an automatic ban for trying to boost themselves in a champ.

Saintsy

Postby Jack Daniels » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 am

Saintsy wrote:Thats not the situation for most cases. The game im on about, Dominos still had a good selection of cards + Multiples to choose from, but he opted for the "Im not gonna make to next phase so ill just screw around" and essentially gave Lilo the precious cards. He just placed them anywhere, didnt even attempt to play properly with them. That sort of shit should not be allowed!

Nothing can really be done about this sadly. Would be great if there were a way to "Lock" using more than 1 precious card until you actually needed to since you've lost almost all of your cards, leaving precious card decks as a last resort.

1. Limiting the amount of Precious cards played to 1 is...crazy. there have been My Precious tournies where I specifically wanted to use TWO precious cards in my games, as a strategy. it worked out too, many times. it threw the opponent off, as they didn't expect it. So no, limiting 1 precious card is crazy.

2. Something can be done. You report the game. And when CbbK reviews it, if he finds them to be doing something bad, like cheating (if the games were colluded, one person telling the other they will lose on purpose, give them their precious cards, etc [CbbK goes and reads chats between people, btw!!!], then he will ban the players from the champ, and disqualify them if they have moved on. Its possible for him to even move "up" a person who didn't make it (right under), due to the cheaters, etc etc. Point is, you can do something, and you did. report the game, and post a thread as well, if it makes sense to do so

the game you're talking about sounds shady as hell. I would definitely hope CbbK will review, and punish the players involved, depending on what exactly occured, and what was said / chatted between the players.
    Jack Daniels

Postby CbbK » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Case closed, both players are suspended until the end of the championship.
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Next

Return to TTFO