• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Dear Santa, you must be kidding me

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Dear Santa, you must be kidding me

Postby Squall Leonheart » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Ok, here is the thing. I don't want to start a war or to be seen like a bad player BUT i was happy when a get a level 7 card for christmas, thinking this was a randow present (level 1 to level 9) for each other. Untill i asked others which card Santa gave us. And there is the angry thing, someones get a A card !

So, dear santa, you could understand this is not really fair because i was nice all the year as well as them. And you know the hard work is it to earn a A card in a championship because it's the only way to get one of them...

So why include level 10 cards in the random gift ? Someone get a level 9 (against level 7 for me), that's not really a big deal because i can buy it and this is the random rule) but a level 10 ? Just why ?

I really don't understand why include this unfair thing in gifts for christmas...

One more time, you fucked me well this year too xD

Could you please repair this little (very big) unfair injustice ?

Thw bro, that would be so nice from you.

Your disgusted kind player, Squall (who didn't get any squall card for christmas, that sounds insane, no ?)
    Squall Leonheart

Re: Dear Santa, you must be kidding me

Postby Jack Daniels » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:05 pm

if you haven't noticed, there have been many, many players lately complaining/begging for ways to get lvl 10 cards, other than earning them from Championships. So now, it has been done. from the sounds of it, the new TTFO (version 3) may also further include non-Championship methods of obtaining lvl 10 cards.

like yourself, I don't like it, and would easily and greatly prefer them to be championship rewards only -- as that keeps the reward for a hard-earned championship ranking actually worth something extremely valuable and rare. a real trophy case shown displaying your success in championships. but, it sounds like those days might be slowly going away, with the upcoming TTFo v3, altho nothing is certain at this point

as for your own situation...the santa cards apparently were awarded based on your experience in TTFO (how many games you have played..?). so maybe you just haven't played enough games to get that lvl 10 card, I dunno. see thread: http://www.tripletriadflashonline.com/e ... ?f=4&t=571
    Jack Daniels

Postby CbbK » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Level A cards are the greatest awards you can win on TTFO, available only through championships. And for Christmas isn't it a great gift? To thank players who spent hundreds of hours playing. As you saw only a limited bunch of players got one, and it's likely that it wasn't their first, they probably already won some from championships (isn't it Jack? ;))
    For V3 I intend to keep it like that, I mentioned the possibility that there will be other ways to get one but it'll still be only for players who deserve it, like right now, only for players who played thousands of different games, against hundreds of different players :)
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby Jack Daniels » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:57 pm

sounds good to me :D
    Jack Daniels

Postby MukuroY » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:19 am

I'm very curious... for real! I can't wait more for the V3! :3
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby Cactilión » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:37 am

Hi Squall... This is a extract from the Jack's link:

CbbK wrote:Hello everyone!
    I'm glad you liked your gifts :) They are based on the number of games you have played, the more your have played, the better the gift ;)
    Cactilión

Postby Squall Leonheart » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:51 am

Thx all. It's a good thing to reward current players but still unfair they get a level 10 card against the others like me who didn't get or are too new player to get one (if i have known it, i would have played more often quickly against AI ...)
    Squall Leonheart

Postby .com » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Squall,

You are skilled enough to go earn your own LV A card. As far as Santa's gifts, there are players out there who aren't as skilled as you, and maybe they were lucky enough to get 1, but you have the opportunity to get them ALL. You should direct your energy towards that goal.
    Founder of The Brotherhood of Seed
    CG Artist of Triple Triad Flash Online
    https://cityofsecrets.deviantart.com/
    https://kong3d.com/
    .com

Return to TTFO