• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Reward for Least Played Championship Goes To...

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Reward for Least Played Championship Goes To...

Postby .com » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Hey guys,

I'm sorry I couldn't play the Loser Winner Championship. I guess I have a weakness after all :D
    However, I was able to watch some of the games, or lack of games. It seems like the more you play, the riskier it becomes. Last Champ I was in where few games were played was a while back. The rules were My Precious with Trade Rule One. Players just took the Precious card right away, so you could be completely out after only a few games. In the case of this Tournament, there are no games purely as a result of the risk. It's fascinating how diverse this game is compared to the original FF8 playstation game. I'm pretty sure this AI would kick the Original AI's butt.
    Founder of The Brotherhood of Seed
    CG Artist of Triple Triad Flash Online
    https://cityofsecrets.deviantart.com/
    https://kong3d.com/
    .com

Re: Reward for Least Played Championship Goes To...

Postby Jack Daniels » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:22 pm

I would say that the Vpt Bonus for playing against multiple players has actually very clearly caused in increase in game play. At least to the point where people are trying to play multiple players! Even if its just 1 game from each player...at least they are going for it lol. Believe me, this is an increase! Any increase is a good increase ;)

I still feel strongly that there should be a small Vpt bonus added to each game played. Similarly to the play against multiple opponent bonus, this will again PROMOTE people to play more, and will cause an increase in gameplay. Let me again layout that proposal:

0.5 Vpt bonus for each game played
    10 Vpt max (tops out at 20 games played).

That bonus is not so huge where it will change everything, but at the same time is enough to make people want to keep playing games.
    Jack Daniels

Postby Jack Daniels » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:25 pm

also this particular tournament is a special case, as in general, people are bad at Loser Winner. And, as its been mentioned, there is a clear disadvantage to going first. As we know, you can EASILY have to go first 5 times in a row, which is just KILLER. Since it is difficult to win a Loser Winner game when you go first, people "fear", and might not want to risk playing.

I wanna see different card levels in the next Loser Winner tourney, please! This is the 2nd LW champ, and both of them have used lvl 7 cards ~__~;

The rule is much more interesting and cool with different card levels, imo. lvl 1 loser winner is a fun one, especially with Elemental, and some Same/Plus stuff going on lol :mrgreen:
    Jack Daniels

Postby .com » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:45 pm

About the .5 vpt gain for each game played. I am surprised that you might want that Jack. Although I agree that it would benefit the championship players overall, I am pretty sure that would come back to haunt you. I've seen you and Spencekwon just barely making it to the next rounds. This might make it even harder for those who don't have much time, or bad time zones to pass to the next phase... and I don't even want to imagine how you guys would get to 1st place. :P
    Founder of The Brotherhood of Seed
    CG Artist of Triple Triad Flash Online
    https://cityofsecrets.deviantart.com/
    https://kong3d.com/
    .com

Postby MukuroY » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I love play Loser winner, but of course I always have a little fear when I see the indicator turning... It's like "please, not me!".

Yes, it's funny see Jack suggesting a bonus for more games played, he is the player who will play only the necessary to pass each round! XD But I can agree to with the bonus. We can see more players actives playing for get the bonus, so I can say a bonus to more games played will work too. However, I think it's a bit bad for players who have little time to play... (Jack, i think you will need one more win to pass, came back before this round end!)

I miss you in this champ, .com! :P
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby Jack Daniels » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Yes, I lack the time to be able to play games during the weekdays (FINAL on the weekend is a different story completely!!!), so it may seem odd that I am suggesting another bonus, to reward people for playing lots of games...but, I want what's best for the TTFO championships, even if it doesn't benefit me ;)

0.50 Vpts bonus per game is just a nice little bump to promote gameplay, and the 10 Vpts bonus MAXIMUM for this bonus, is not a game changer. I think it would work out quite well :)

While we're on the topic of Vpt bonuses...I do feel that the multiple player bonus should possibly be dropped to the following:
    1 player: 0
    2 players: +3
    3 players: +6
    4 players: +9
    5 players: +12
    6+ players: +15

Basically instead of 5 Vpts per level with a 20 max, how about a +3 vpts per "level", with a maximum bonus of 15 Vpts. Combine that with the 0.50 Vpts bonus for every game played (10 Vpt max) and I think that system would be reallly cool :mrgreen:

of course like you all pointed out, doesn't really benefit me during the weekdays when I can barely play...but its for the best of TTFO, which is the most important :P
    Jack Daniels

Return to TTFO