• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Championships: Back to back?

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Championships: Back to back?

Postby Saintsy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:57 pm

So all this talk of 2 championships a month not being enough to accomodate the growing community and jack being adamant about player cards only as rewarded for champs, why not try and kill 2 birds with 1 stone?
    Have championships back to back - Meaning as one champ finishes, the next one starts after an hour or 2.

Not sure whether cbbk starts them manually or a simple command does it, but would be awesome if they were more regular rather than every 2 weeks. Potentially more people in champs, More champ experience for players and more chances to gain player cards.

Im sure this has been suggested in the past, i did a quick browse of the topic and saw no title related to this so eh.
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Re: Championships: Back to back?

Postby .com » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm

I remember when how intense the finals were, and how much my brain and soul needed a short break afterwards to recover. I suppose players could choose to opt-out of the finals to recharge, but I don't see that happening. On the other hand,
    the champs were the only times i got to play with the best, and THAT I could never get enough of.
    Founder of The Brotherhood of Seed
    CG Artist of Triple Triad Flash Online
    https://cityofsecrets.deviantart.com/
    https://kong3d.com/
    .com

Postby Jack Daniels » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 pm

hmm, what I would like to see is them occur the following weekend, instead of skipping a weekend. I don't know if you're saying the same thing, but the timing is critical (starting & ending on the weekends). The last champ had a nice "quick" start, which used to be the default a year ago or so...but lately (aside from the last champ), the gap has been too big imo. Let me break it down...

OLD SCHEDULE:
    Weekend 1: Champ Starts
    Weekend 2: Champ Ends
    Weekend 3: Champ Starts
    Weekend 4: Champ Ends
    etc...

RECENT SCHEDULE (except for last champ)
    Weekend 1: Champ Starts
    Weekend 2: Champ Ends
    Weekend 3: NO CHAMP AT ALL
    Weekend 4: Champ Starts
    Weekend 5: Champ Ends
    Weekend 6: NO CHAMP AT ALL
    etc...

Please bring back the OLD SCHEDULE. There's no reason to have that "gap" weekend where there is no champ ongoing at all. There is already a "break" in the old schedule..between weekend 2 and weekend 3 (Sunday evening thru Friday afternoon off). However that recent schedule has a big ass gap...from Sunday evening to the NEXT Friday afternoon...almost 2 weeks. too much!!!!!!! Bring back the old schedule please ^___^ :D
    Jack Daniels

Postby Saintsy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:19 am

Haha, nah bro, was saying how champs should end and start the same day with a few hour break.

@.Com - I can understand what your saying. I've only made it to round 3 in the champs ive played without distraction and it got a little tense playing someone you knew was a great player. And im more of a casual player so i can understand how the more serious players feel during the final phase.
    But with more champs comes more card combo's and those players who consistantly place in finals might not need the 2 that are up for grabs so they'd take a less serious approach to the champ, hopefully lol.

@Jack - I only really returned just before the recent champ so i didnt know about the 2 week gap. Hmm, thats crazy having a 2 week break of champs. I'd like to see my idea thought over by cbbk so that there's 4 champs a month, though it could be a little extreme/slightly flawed, i think it could work/ deserves to atleast be given a month of test. But having read your post, i hope that the old schedule returns at the very least!

Just checked the game, no current champ scheduled, bummer :/

Saintsy

Postby Jack Daniels » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:12 am

looks like we're back to the big ass gap between champs :(

champs one after the other isn't good imo, due to timing. champs staring on the weekend is perfect, since everyone can have free time to get into Round 1...lots of players = Win. Then, since it staretd on the weekend, The Final round is during the following weekend, which is SUPER perfect...as its the most important round, and the weekend is needed to play so everyone has time to get on and play freely, etc.
    Jack Daniels

Postby Saintsy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 am

Oh i agree with you there, but weekends most people spend with family/kids/friends so sometimes it can be inconvenience.
    By all means i dont expect this to happen, but would be nice to give it a trial run with the new version to see whether it can work on a long term basis or not and have opinions from everyone and go from there.

And to the more dedicated players who play for a few hours a day, im sure it wouldnt change much, as most timezones overlap and can easily get championship games. Just a few people like spence and myself who don't have many players in our timezone are affected really

Saintsy

Postby Jack Daniels » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:02 am

its very clear, both in Championships and non-champ games, that the TTFO server -- in general -- is more active on weekends. this is basically a fact....
    Jack Daniels

Postby CbbK » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Jack you're right, lately championships have been delayed, I'll go back to the normal schedule as soon as possible.
    Saintsy, 2 important phases of the championship are registration and final, that's why they both take place on week end, with more players online perhaps we could think of another schedule but right now the one we use here, (from saturday to sunday the week after) seems to be the best we can do
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby Saintsy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:39 pm

CbbK wrote:with more players online perhaps we could think of another schedule but right now the one we use here, (from saturday to sunday the week after) seems to be the best we can do

That sounds awesome, thanks for the reply :)
    And yeah, this idea was more for down the track after the new version rather than immediate addition to the game. Obviously after some careful planning and such. I really need to start adding that to my Op's haha!

Saintsy

Postby Jack Daniels » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:25 pm

CbbK wrote:Jack you're right, lately championships have been delayed, I'll go back to the normal schedule as soon as possible.
    Saintsy, 2 important phases of the championship are registration and final, that's why they both take place on week end, with more players online perhaps we could think of another schedule but right now the one we use here, (from saturday to sunday the week after) seems to be the best we can do

omg just noticed there's a champ ongoing?!?! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    and its Loser Winner lol.......ok, I really gotta try to get in this one

CbbK, thanks for the quicker champ schedule on this one, nice!!! :mrgreen:
    Jack Daniels

Next

Return to TTFO