• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Cards in Vending Machine

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Cards in Vending Machine

Postby Saintsy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:46 am

So like, it would be awesome if there was a small chance of obtaining a card when purchasing a soda. And im not talking about just level 1-5 cards, im talking about every card in the game, including player cards.
    Now before people jump the gun and scream "Player cards should only be rewards for champ", i think that it's a great thing having them as the rewards, but face it, not everyone will win a championship in their playtime and this isnt a replacement for that.

Now, obtaining a card from the machines would be a rare event, perhaps 3% chance of it being a card, then applying a chance % to each level of cards. Level 1 being maybe 30% chance while player cards have a 1% chance or lower. This kind of method won't be "Gamebreaking" etc etc as even if you spend 5k points on vending machines, chances are you might not even gain a player card. Hell even if someone were to spend 50k points, they might only recieve 1-2 player cards.

* Chances are just off the top of my head, i hate math so im sure someone could comment with a decent % proposal?

So even with this in place, the best way to gain player cards would still be championships, this just offers people a very small chance at winning a player card aswell as a neat little feature to the game. Also gives those of us with nothing to spend Points on, something to spend them on lol :)
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Re: Cards in Vending Machine

Postby .com » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:43 pm

I kinda like that idea.
    Her is another idea. Maybe instead of stopping the Transmutations at level 9, we could transmute all those extra cards into 1 vpt, and have a very slim chance of getting a Lv A card. I feel like there are a little too many extra doomtrains hanging around out there :P
    Founder of The Brotherhood of Seed
    CG Artist of Triple Triad Flash Online
    https://cityofsecrets.deviantart.com/
    https://kong3d.com/
    .com

Postby Jack Daniels » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:04 pm

NO
    lvl 10 (A) cards are to be rewards for championships only man....we've been over this before lol...
    Jack Daniels

Postby SpenceKwon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:28 pm

I like the idea. +1
    We talking 0.000000000001 % of a bee's dick chance in hell that it will cough up a A card, so come on Jack times are a changing :).
    I can live with that.
    Also i agree with .com, we should have Doomtrain amnesty.

Just hand them in to be destroyed and no harm will come too you
    [SRM] Founding Member of the Selective Random Movement-
    *join now to help bring peace and balance to the ongoing war between
    random vs choose

Also Check out all my videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLT1D ... LmfeWNXWeQ
    SpenceKwon

Postby Saintsy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Exactly. And like i said, spending 50k points may get you 1-2 if you're lucky, really really really lucky lol.

I like .com's idea aswell, anything over 7 doomtrain's is a little too much haha!

Saintsy

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:34 am

Nah, regarding Lvl 10 (A) cards....even CbbK agrees with me on this one...because tbh, its so obvious guys.

the ideas are cool OK...but just should obviously never apply to lvl 10 cards...at this in this TT version.
    Don't know how the next version will be
    Jack Daniels

Postby Cactilión » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:49 am

I had this idea long time ago... I'm totally in agreement with receive random cards from the soda machine, and when I said "random cards" I mean any card in level 1 to 10 (Obviously with a probability factor in each level).

This idea should be implemented in next updates at least to cards in levels 1 to 9, and I consider that in level 10 too for this simple reason: In TTFO there are more than 23000 players but we only have championships two times in a month, and this are only 8 cards in level 10 to gain twice a month!!! Obviously this isn't enough lv10 cards to all the players. A little bit unfair in my opinion :roll:
    Cactilión

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:46 am

there's not 23,000 active players...dont' kid yourself :roll:
    Jack Daniels

Postby Saintsy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:07 am

Probably should've mentioned in the OP that this was a suggestion for the next version, my bad.

He does kinda have a point. There's what, 75-150 active weekly players give or take. 2 championships a month honestly doesnt cut it. Not every player is good enough to compete against top tier players in championships and timezone issues do affect things.

It's not like we're saying make them easy to gain, that's just stupid. But other methods to gain them so everyone has a chance to play with them. Everyone deserves a chance, not just the top 20% of players.

Even if there were more of the special events like last years xmas event. Iirc, a few people gained player cards from the tree so even that can balance things out in its own way. Having 1 or 2 other difficult means of gaining player cards wont discourage people from championships. Everyone will still compete in them to see how well they can go, this just simply gives others another way to get player cards, that's all.

Saintsy

Postby TrueChaoS » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 am

I'm just going to be honest, if the chances of getting a character card are as low in later versions as they are now, then I'm going to be disappointed. Hell, even the percentages suggested in the OP are bad in my opinion.

I've spent more than my fair share of time playing games where the only way to get something is by luck, and honestly, it just doesn't work well when you make something >1% chance to be obtained (let alone 0.0003% for character cards, as suggested). Honestly, if it's included, the chance has to be higher than that by a LONG shot (MINIMUM of 1%), or just not there at all.

That's... about all I have to say on the matter, really.

Well, except that I want to reiterate that I will be very disappointed if they stay as championship rewards only >.>
    Like a lurking shadow
    TrueChaoS

Next

Return to TTFO