• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • An Idea to Promote Champ Sportmanship

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

An Idea to Promote Champ Sportmanship

Postby .com » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:24 am

First, I wish to commend CBBK for trying new ideas, regardless of the outcome; I think the new game's played requirement is a step in the right direction. I believe it was designed to promote more playing, and perhaps better sportsmanship.
    I thought about how we might implement something to promote "better sportsmanship." It has to get players PLAYING, but most importantly, I think it has to be SIMPLE.

My idea is a bit drastic, but also quite simple:
    During the Championship, nobody can see each other's vpts. However, you will be able to see your standing, BUT the standings will only be posted once or twice each day. I know it sounds crazy guys, but hear me out. This means the guys sitting snug at the top could very probably be passed if others are continuing to play, and they might possibly even be knocked off the list! I also think that the players who are not in the top of the list to move to the next phases will play more to try and secure a spot.

In conclusion, I think the Champs are extremely fun, but they have evolved into some strange game of VPT Stock Market. It's like we are all deciding who and when to play based on some silly numbers! Guys and girls, let's keep the counting INSIDE of the games. :D
    Founder of The Brotherhood of Seed
    CG Artist of Triple Triad Flash Online
    https://cityofsecrets.deviantart.com/
    https://kong3d.com/
    .com

Re: An Idea to Promote Champ Sportmanship

Postby SpenceKwon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:05 am

I agree in something that would not show the gap, might take that comfort away and promote more play.
    Either that and or remove a phase and adjust allotted days into 3's :)
    [SRM] Founding Member of the Selective Random Movement-
    *join now to help bring peace and balance to the ongoing war between
    random vs choose

Also Check out all my videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLT1D ... LmfeWNXWeQ
    SpenceKwon

Postby Ultima Weapon IX » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:55 pm

I like this idea, will be interesting in my opinion.
    Ultima Weapon IX

Postby Jack Daniels » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:38 pm

I think its an EXTREMELY interesting idea.

imo, if you're going to do it, you should just DO IT COMPLETELY...meaning, don't show champ rankings at ALL. no one knows where they stand relative to others...but people should be allowed to see their own Vpts. So, I can see my Vpts, but I will have abolsutley no idea where I stand in relation to all other players. this will REALLLY promote playing

never show us the relative ranking....ever.
    Jack Daniels

Return to TTFO