• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • 4 games to qualify

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

4 games to qualify

Postby SpenceKwon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:56 am

hmm this is the start of things to come and I cant say that im liking it
    The vpts bonus was aimed at negating the 1 game qualify, this seems overkill.
    [SRM] Founding Member of the Selective Random Movement-
    *join now to help bring peace and balance to the ongoing war between
    random vs choose

Also Check out all my videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLT1D ... LmfeWNXWeQ
    SpenceKwon

Re: 4 games to qualify

Postby Jack Daniels » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:06 am

wait...so what happened? I haven't been able to play in the champ quite yet, so I dont know
    Jack Daniels

Postby MukuroY » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Now you need 4 games to qualify in champ and it have a new system to vpts bonus (you can see about the bonus in 'How to play'), and the vpts bonus is shown separately in ranking display.
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby Jack Daniels » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 am

4 games to even be able to move on is...too much. think about Round 3, where its like impossible to find ppl online during those weekdays and also can be difficult to get them to actually play!!

also, lets not forget about DEATHMATCH, which is clearly the bigger issue. IF it only counts a "game" as an actually completed DeathMatch (lets say, after 10 draws!!)....then requiring to play 4 "games", if you are only counting "completed" deathmatch match games could take....well, FOREVER, depending on the particular rules and/or card levels. that would be ridiculous in something like Round 3. even not round 3....that could take hours and hours to play 4 "compkleted" deathmatch games, depending on the cards/rules and the skills of the players.

there was supposed to be bonuses to PROMOTE playing more games...not a strict requirement preventing ppl from moving on who can't play or camp in TTFO for hours on end ~__~;

sad :-/
    Jack Daniels

Postby Saintsy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 am

Jack Daniels wrote:4 games to even be able to move on is...too much. think about Round 3, where its like impossible to find ppl online during those weekdays and also can be difficult to get them to actually play!!

also, lets not forget about DEATHMATCH, which is clearly the bigger issue. IF it only counts a "game" as an actually completed DeathMatch (lets say, after 10 draws!!)....then requiring to play 4 "games", if you are only counting "completed" deathmatch match games could take....well, FOREVER, depending on the particular rules and/or card levels. that would be ridiculous in something like Round 3. even not round 3....that could take hours and hours to play 4 "compkleted" deathmatch games, depending on the cards/rules and the skills of the players.

there was supposed to be bonuses to PROMOTE playing more games...not a strict requirement preventing ppl from moving on who can't play or camp in TTFO for hours on end ~__~;

sad :-/

This. Being in Australia, it's quite hard to get championship games going as i either have to be on early morning, or late night for just a CHANCE at playing a single champ game. Round 3 for us is annoyingly difficult as it is, but now being forced to play 4-5 games, thats just nuts!

I can only hope that DT games won't be like that. I hate them as they are lol, having to go through it all in a champ will be chaos! Who in their right mind would want to play 10 games that could total 30mins+ only for it to register as 1 of 4 games played?! That's just idiotic imo, each draw should be classed as 1 game played.
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Postby MukuroY » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Jack Daniels wrote: lets not forget about DEATHMATCH

Totally agree. I already have played for 1 hour in a single game with endless deathmatches in some championships... It was exhausting! D:
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby SpenceKwon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:02 am

It actually took 5 games to remove the hasnt played icon :(

tryed logging in/ out etc after 4 games played, it didnt remove so now its 5 wow
    [SRM] Founding Member of the Selective Random Movement-
    *join now to help bring peace and balance to the ongoing war between
    random vs choose

Also Check out all my videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLT1D ... LmfeWNXWeQ
    SpenceKwon

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:45 am

FIVE?

lol....dude, CbbK...is this intentional..? o_____O;

the "Hasn't Played Yet" block was imposed so that people weren't moving on (or worse, placing in the Podium!) without playing at all. Now you're saying that if someone plays 4 games in a particular round, that their score won't count at all? *facepalm*

and like I already said..I know how TTFO counts "games" in regards to DeathMatch - it does not count deathmatch draws. So obviously this system is completely ridiculous with a DeathMatch champ.
    Jack Daniels

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:57 am

LOL
    some guys with 130's are currently NOT moving on to the next round (not enough games played)
    but a bunch of guys with 70s ARE moving on

lmfao

:siren: :alert: stupid consequences in progress from stupid implimentation :alert: :lookatthefreakingresults:
    Jack Daniels

Postby CbbK » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:48 am

To give a bonus to encourage playing more, against different opponents is a part of this new version, to increase the number of minimum games required was also planned to be added.
    Why 4 (5 was a mistake, my bad, I have updated all those who weren't qualified with 4 games and will once again when next phase starts), well because most of the time in previous championships people were just playing one game, get qualified and leave the championship, without participating much. If you want the vpts bonus you will play at least 3 games to get the first +5, meaning you just have to play one more game to get qualified, 4 games isn't really that much, is it?
    I thought you wanted more challenge, having only players who truly played and not those who got lucky on a single game, was I wrong?
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Next

Return to TTFO