• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • TTFO v3

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Re: TTFO v3

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 pm

1. What does "TCG" mean?
    2. What will happen to our VERY hard-earned Lvl 10 Cards ?
    3. What will happen to our hard-earned successes?
    Jack Daniels

Postby reakq » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:47 pm

TCG = Trade Card Game
    It's a concept for card games like triple triad
    reakq

Postby CbbK » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:52 pm

Successes related to championships and games wouldn't be removed, as they still apply. Successes related to VPts and cards would be renamed, to show you won them in V2, so nothing removed on this side.
    About the cards, whatever is decided you won't lose them, that wouldn't be cool, "*hop* reset everything, no traces of your previous collection :(". As I said in my first post I'm thinking about a way for you to play with your current collection in the new version, but perhaps it would be for friendly games only.
    You still have it, you can challenge anyone (even players with no legacy collection), it just doesn't give you pts nor vpts. That way if you don't want to start a new collection you can, you can still play for the championships of course.
    I'm sure once you'll see this new version you'll want to start fresh ;)
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby Baldar » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:09 pm

In my opinion, triple triad does not fit the definition TCG, the idea of getting cards through boosters is interesting, but to bring boosters TTFO need to set the value of cards. For example, Magic The Gathering, one booster comes with: 15 cards, 10 common, 4 uncommon, 1 rare or mythic rare.

What would be the criterion used for the selection of cards?

Recalling that all GCTs has several editions with several cards.

Sorry, my english is horrible.
    Last edited by Baldar on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Baldar

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Hmmm....well, OK. I guess we're just going to have to trust CbbK and his judgement on the issue. good luck, mate....please don't kill it lol :P
    Jack Daniels

Postby reakq » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:27 pm

well if success and level A cards are safe, then I'm ok for the new version. like Jack said, I guess we have to trust cbbk.

By the way, I want to be here when The Unknown will use his 21 000pts with the soda machine. So many burps is coming! :lol:

Just one thing, could we have a date before the release of the V3 ? Then we could do funny things with our vpts and pts before everything disappeared.
    reakq

Postby MukuroY » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Sir CbbK, please, dont scared me to death! You already did a post about reset the cards and, wow O_O

But if I understand it right, the new version will not reset everything, we only will cant use it in a usual game... so, no problem! You can take off all my vpts, all my pts, all my lvl 1-9 cards, but, please, DON'T TAKE OFF MY CHICKEN WUSS!!!! I mean, my Edea... Zell was a gift (but dont reset him too... or Squall...) :P

And... OH YEAH! I'm very curious about that new version! *-*

reakq wrote:Just one thing, could we have a date before the release of the V3 ? Then we could do funny things with our vpts and pts before everything disappeared.

I'm accepting your Zell card, reakq ;D
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby SpenceKwon » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:20 am

In season mode as i call it in my head :) ( i picture being able to join season like joining champ mode ) that way we have multiple profiles within an account.
    is it going to be like the FF8 and have no "no gain" option.
    I cant see the turnover in cards happening otherwise
    but in fairness I'm jumping the gun as I have only a little bit of info to go on the rest im making up,
    the rest is stored in cbbk's head.
    I guess being excited , eager and weary is the cause
    [SRM] Founding Member of the Selective Random Movement-
    *join now to help bring peace and balance to the ongoing war between
    random vs choose

Also Check out all my videos here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxLT1D ... LmfeWNXWeQ
    SpenceKwon

Postby TrueChaoS » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:31 pm

reakq wrote:http://www.tripletriadflashonline.com/fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=506&start=10

As .com said, do you everything you need to keep running your fantastic website. the key is to find something that will not affect the current gameplay. Paying for something should be a +, but it shouldn't affect the ethics nor the game itself.

That's not the case with your new project. That's why I'm litterally against that. Doing something to the detriment of the players is not what I call a good way. What you want to do right now is rsiky and dangerous, you could completely destroyed also all the work you did to get a community with key players. Because I'm pretty sure that most of the pillar players here would leave if you do that RADICAL changing.

A radical safety would be to back up the database of everyone's card collection before V3 is put up. That way, what cards everyone had will still be safe until the V3 was ready to use that information, or at worst, the game could be reverted back to its current version and the database restored.

As for how the old cards could be used without interfering with the changes. Maybe make people able to choose to play with "Season 1" decks in friendly matches, as Cbbk (sort of) mentioned.

--
    Anyway, on the subject of Booster Packs, maybe they could be purchased with a new point system? The points could be earned by playing games, logging on daily, or by spending money on them (to help support Cbbk). That way, if there is no "No Gain" rule, you are not out of the game for good if you run out of cards. You can always get points by logging on, so you can get more cards.

Or, perhaps you could give someone a free pack every day if they start the day with no cards, or not enough cards to play a game? That way, people will always be able to come back the next day and continue playing, even if they are knocked out of the game (just make the basic pack only contain Lv1~2 cards (or just Lv1 only?) so people can't lose on purpose to try get a lucky pack and get high level cards)

Just some ideas.

I can help brainstorm some ideas, but doing it via a public forum is clumsy. If you like, send me a PM and we could chat about possible ways to get cards (and maybe make the system dynamic so it's not "boring" or anything (see: Mass Effect 3's multiplayer item packs... PLEASE don't do something like that))
    Like a lurking shadow
    TrueChaoS

Postby Saintsy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Any chance we can get an update on whats the go with v3?
    Maybe some info on what you've got planned and a release date?
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

PreviousNext

Return to TTFO