• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • TTFO v3

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

TTFO v3

Postby CbbK » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi players!
    TTFO V3 is under development, for this new version we'll do some deep changes in the TCG aspect, changing the way you can acquire cards. The card dealer won't disappear but it'll slightly change.
    For this reason, a new season of Triple Triad will start, and everyone will begin it with the same cards, pts and vpts, that is, lvl 1 cards, 0 pts and 0 vpts for everyone :)
    I'm still considering how to let you swap from one season to another, to let you play with the cards you collected until now. This new season will be the perfect opportunity for everyone to show your worth, from a fresh start ;)
    Remember that the path is sometimes more thrilling than the goal!
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Re: TTFO v3

Postby reakq » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:28 pm

Whaaat? you mean you will remove all my success and my level 10 cards? I'm sorry but I can't accept that. I spent so many times and effort to collect all of them. Don't do that, that's unfair

I don't care about pts and vpts, but you can't remove rewards which is the past and historic of every player. That could be dramatic for many players here.
    reakq

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:59 pm

........CbbK.....please, explain what you mean :shock:
    Jack Daniels

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm

regarding "Seasons", PLEASE read thru your original thread where you threw the idea around:
    http://www.tripletriadflashonline.com/e ... ?f=5&t=348

As I have stated in there, seasons should be for RANKING purposes only (A "Season" ranking)...overall successes, cards, pts, Vpts should still remain. I don't know where you got the weird season concept of DESTROY EVERYTHING but it is...beyond crazy. it will ruin this. lots of people will quit. Craziest shit I ever heard is taking away people's CARDS and SUCCESSES....you have...got to be crazy :shock:

the lvl 10 cards were earned from hard work from Championships over YEARS of playing.
    The successes earned are the same thing!

something must not be clear...CbbK, please clarify what you intend...as we will be sad if this game gets ruined in a bad way :(
    Jack Daniels

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:22 pm

from the other thread:

Jack Daniels wrote:1. Do not reset the cards (this is MADNESS!!!!)
    2. Do not reset the pts (because these are simply for card purchases...same thing as the cards)
    3. Keep & continue overall Vpt ranking (of all time)
    3. Establish Season Ranking, which should be a separate Vpt ranking for each season. The point, is that season winners can be rewarded with special rewards, etc. This is how all other games I have seen do it.

Example:
    Player A has 200 Vpts (Overall Vpts), and 100 SVpts (Season Vpts) at the end of a season.
    His low SVpts does not get him into any top positions.
    He does not win rewards / prizes for the Season.

The new Season starts, Player A still has 200 Vpts, but now has 0 SVpts (reset at the start of the season).
    At the end of this season, Player A now has 400 Vpts, and 300 SVpts.
    The 300 SVpts put him into the TOP 10 at the end of the season, and he has thus won some type of award / prize.

That season ends, and a new season starts: Player A now has 400 Vpts and 0 SVpts. And the season process continues...

Throughout all of the various seasons, Player A's cards, pts, and overall Vpts do not get reset. The only thing that is effected by Seasons, is his/her Season Vpts (SVpts). The goal of seasons is to reward players whos RANKING for the SEASON is high. Top ranked season players win awards for that particular season. This is what I've seen in other games, and it works out quite nicely.

thsi is how "Seasons" work in all other online games; season ranking.

Obvious part should also be added "DO NOT RESET SUCCESSES"....I didn't even think to put it, because its too crazy to even think that you might flush those clean as well :shock:
    Jack Daniels

Postby Ultima Weapon IX » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Yes CbbK please explain yourself.. i don't wanna lose my lv.A cards..!
    Ultima Weapon IX

Postby Jack Daniels » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:03 pm

When is this V.3.0 going to be released? I'm hoping not for a while lol. I would like to get in another Championship or two before I am forced to quit this game :lol:

EDIT: then again...wait, who gives a shit about doing anything in a championship, if your Lvl 10 Cards, and Successes (from winning a champ) will all be removed??? hurrr DURRRRRRR nm then :roll:
    Jack Daniels

Postby reakq » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:25 pm

i'm waiting for cbbk to explain us, because right now, I don't even if it's necessary to play, to get pts, vpts or anything else. That news has frozen my desire to play until the explanation. As Jack said in his last post. Doing anything about the game looks a waste of time as everything would probably be reseted :(
    reakq

Postby CbbK » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:32 pm

The way to acquire cards in V3 will be quite different from how it is right now, I want to increase the TCG aspect, where you can buy boosters, starters or card separatly (if they are available ;)). Collecting all cards will be a bit harder, and also more intersting and rewarding.
    So starting this new system with every cards... makes the change worthless.
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby reakq » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 pm

http://www.tripletriadflashonline.com/fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=506&start=10

As .com said, do you everything you need to keep running your fantastic website. the key is to find something that will not affect the current gameplay. Paying for something should be a +, but it shouldn't affect the ethics nor the game itself.

That's not the case with your new project. That's why I'm litterally against that. Doing something to the detriment of the players is not what I call a good way. What you want to do right now is rsiky and dangerous, you could completely destroyed also all the work you did to get a community with key players. Because I'm pretty sure that most of the pillar players here would leave if you do that RADICAL changing.
    reakq

Next

Return to TTFO