• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Changes/improvement to the mobile App

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Changes/improvement to the mobile App

Postby CbbK » Wed May 24, 2017 9:36 am

Hi everybody,
    I thought about something that could increase the number of players online, here's the thing :
    When you start the app you no longer enter the lobby automaticaly, instead you have a menu :
    - Play against the AI
    - Challenge a player
    - Card Dealer
    - Card Exchange
    - Enter the Lobby
    - Options
    - Exit

While you're in the menu you don't see the lobby but you are visible by other players and can therefore be challenged by them. The thing is, when you leave the application, you just leave the lobby but you're still online! (that can be changed in the options of course). The phone's notification system could warn you when someone challenges you, or send you a message. Meaning you could have TTFO running all the time and warning you about events and games.
    Also, the game can be exported for Windows (as a native app, not through a browser) I'm trying to setup the same system, you launch the game, it goes in the tray when you leave the lobby and you can still be challenged.

What do you think?
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Re: Changes/improvement to the mobile App

Postby Xardas » Wed May 24, 2017 11:08 am

Great Idea! If this is realized, don't forget about hints for newbies in that menu, that they need to play trials before playing vs others in before.

Also, what will happen when you choose "Challenge a player" in that menu? Will you be given a list of all players online and you challenge them v2-style?

EDIT: And what is going to happen if you choose something in the menu, which is currently blocked by the Security Eye (Defender Event)?
    Last edited by Xardas on Wed May 24, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Xardas

Postby Saintsy » Wed May 24, 2017 11:33 am

How would chat be worked into this? Simply "Enter the lobby" or would there be a chat box on this screen also?
    Apart from that, it's rather a solid idea that will hopefully work. Simple user friendly and straight to the point, cant go wrong lol.
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Postby CbbK » Wed May 24, 2017 11:47 am

I haven't figured out everything yet, I don't want players to receive every message in the chat if they are not in the lobby, yet the ability to send them private messages is interesting.
    About creating a game against another player, yes, the system needs to be rethought. Either create a game and wait for an opponent to join, or make a list of players and challenge them.
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby Saintsy » Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Could list the players and have a "Challenge and PM" option?
    Either way sounding pretty awesome, hopefully this time it'll work out
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Return to TTFO