• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Game Rules and Gaming etiquette

The lobby, the championships, the point system... You have a question? A suggestion? You want to organize something? come and talk here!

Game Rules and Gaming etiquette

Postby CbbK » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:53 am

Our Aim here at Triple Triad Flash Online is to provide a friendly and enjoyable environment for all players.
    To help maintain and continue to grow this community it is excepted that we all know and understand what each of us can do to help.

FORUM AND LOBBY

- Treat other members with respect . This should go without saying, treat others like you would like to be treated.

- Topics and discussions on subjects such as political view, religion or war shall be kept private, any public messages on these subjects or affiliates will be removed from the forum without notice.

- Players using the in-game chat to publicly promote or expose their point of view on any of these topics can be kicked out of the game without notice, in a game or not.

- Please do not spam. Any excessive, irrelevant or advertising posts are considered spam and will be removed without notice.

- Harass, annoy, insult or spam others, on the forum or through the in-game chat can also lead you to a temporary or permanent ban of your account.

- Insulting, flaming or personal attacks in forum or lobby will be not tolerated.

- Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily and remember your audience.

- Please refrain from posting large or excessive images. This is considerate to members with slower internet speeds, and maintains the forum's usability.

- Please do not post inappropriate material, or display links in lobby chat that contains offensive material. If you cant view it at work, in front of children or parents, please don't post it !

MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS

Use of multiple accounts is permitted provided that you adhere to the following.

- Never use to gain an unfair advantage by either way of deception or games played against themselves.
    - Never use multiple accounts in championships ( 1 person, 1 account for championship)
    - Never use to spam , annoy or insult players by means of offensive naming conventions and messages.

To ensure that only one account registers in the championship the game uses a filter, primarily based on your IP address.
    Beware that trying to counterfeit/force this system can make all of your accounts automatically blocked by it.
    It is possible to unblock them, but it requires a manual intervention on the server you'll have to wait for, while being unable to play for the championship.

For this reason, be careful if you know you're not the only one playing TTFO at your house, at home or at school. As you'll all have the same IP address, the game could detect an attempt to log in with different accounts and will allow only the first one entering it, while blocking all the others.

MATCH OUTCOMES

It is against the rules to pre- arrange/ organize a match outcome.
    This also includes losing on purpose and playing in a manner that gains an advantage to your opponent
    (ie continued games with no effort etc)

GENERAL PLAYER ETIQUETTE

Although no one can force people to play, there is some common etiquette that can be learned to help with making for a good community.

- When appropriate try come to a agreement before you play as to number of games to be played and which rules are to be selected and Honor your terms.

- Best out 3 or First to 3 wins are common choices by players.

- Remember Players come from a variety of nations. Please be patient and understanding if language creates a small barrier.

NEW PLAYER PROTECTION

All new players must be given the opportunity to learn and grow without being preyed upon.
    Try to not continually play a new player to a point of nil resistance as this often leads to their stay being short lived.
    This is especially important during championships in phase One.
    Remember we were all new at some point.

WARNINGS AND BANS

Failure to adhere to rules and continued violation of rules can lead to a warning or temporary ban of your account.
    Permanent bans are also possible and may include or extend to your alternate account/profiles.

REQUESTING HELP

In many cases information can be found in the forums under the appropriate sections.

Rules, Game-play, championships and General inquiries etc

Alternatively if any player has any questions or they need some assistance they can speak with :

SpenceKwon
    .com

via the in game chat or private message on forum.

In order to provide the best support possible
    Please provide details ascertaining to your issue when and if appropriate to do so.
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Re: Game rules

Postby Saintsy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:39 pm

Great stuff guys! I really hope players read the Etiquette and New players, especially for championships.
    Just gotta pick at one thing:

MATCH OUTCOMES

It is against the rules to pre- arrange/ organize a match outcome.
    This also includes losing on purpose and playing in a manner that gains an advantage to your opponent
    (ie continued games with no effort etc)

Does that include trading cards with friends? I know in the past it's been brought up, but will "losing on purpose to trade cards" fall under this?
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Postby CbbK » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Trading cards is not possible on the current version of the game, so giving your cards away to another player by losing on purpose against him goes against the expected player etiquette.
    Still, we understand you may want to trade some special cards, like the character cards, so if you want to do so it's better to ask a moderator or myself to do the trade directly.
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby Saintsy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Yeah mate, fair call. It shouldn't affect most players anyways.

Saintsy

Re: Game Rules and Gaming etiquette

Postby Cactilión » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:12 am

CbbK wrote:
    FORUM AND LOBBY

- Treat other members with respect . This should go without saying, treat others like you would like to be treated.

- Harass, annoy, insult or spam others, on the forum or through the in-game chat can also lead you to a temporary or permanent ban of your account.

- Insulting, flaming or personal attacks in forum or lobby will be not tolerated.

- Please be considerate in language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily and remember your audience.

Mr. CbbK, today I'm writing to ask the banning of the player named "AfricanPrinceSnoopDoggyDog"... The reason: Is insulting to everybody in the lobby with cuss and hard words (I'm not going to repeat that he is saids). We have childrens too here in TTFO, so this attitude isn't acceptable... My witness in this banning request are this players: alejandro876, daen, bus6, Starnatic, Shadow Cancerian, Riven and Freakman04.

Please CbbK ban to this player, will be fair. Thank you.
    Cactilión

Postby alejandro876 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:40 pm

true, cact right.
    alejandro876

Postby Piochounette » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:42 pm

Dear Sir,

I do have a question.

Me and My brother are playing on the same IP and are participating at the tournament currently.

In case I get qualified (not so sure now :'( ), I assume it will be a problem later on no ?

We do some matches to train, and I am not surprised to see we don't earn nor lose points.

How is it working for the finals ? only one can be playing ?

Thanks for your reply and thanks for this game which is very nice :)
    Piochounette

Postby MukuroY » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Hnnn just looking at the front page here and i was thinking...

The link to this topic should be permanently on the front page. Why not add it to the Welcome to TTFO top message?
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby Saintsy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:47 am

CbbK wrote:
    To ensure that only one account registers in the championship the game uses a filter, primarily based on your IP address.
    Beware that trying to counterfeit/force this system can make all of your accounts automatically blocked by it.
    It is possible to unblock them, but it requires a manual intervention on the server you'll have to wait for, while being unable to play for the championship.

Mr Overlord sir, might we have a more of an explanation about the system?
    We know players have brothers and "Brothers" who play ttfo champs, and they still manage to both join and play.
    Even play each other to have Friendly game appear in their replays. Even both accounts making it through to the next phase(s).
    I was under the impression if they joined on same IP it locked them out?

And this isnt about pioch and his bro, more a general post.

Saintsy

Postby CbbK » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:20 pm

The system doesn't only use the IP but also values stored on the computer (like how cookies work with a web browser) to identify a player. This is used to allow people playing with their brothers/sisters, but the problem is here when they play with their "Brothers/Sisters", that's true. Some found a way to counterfeit it, we're still working on a more effective system.
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Next

Return to TTFO