• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • V3 Hints and Tips

This is where you talk strategy! What are your technics to win? Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

V3 Hints and Tips

Postby Saintsy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:28 am

Few things to help you with the new release.

1. Don't spend your points straight away. Let them build up and purchase 2-3 packs for the level of your choice. As soon as you have 5 cards of a level, it will be used in events so buying multiple packs at once gives you a better chance of getting the better cards and a decent hand. Also see 9. Avoiding Unfair limits.

2. Low Quality mode. If you're having latency issues or the game just feels sluggish and slow, right click and select the low quality option. Game play becomes a fair bit faster and the graphics are reduced. This is more of a performance mode for players with a slow internet connection and/or an older computer that struggles to run these sorts of games.

3. Log in on the hour, not before. While this only really affects 1 event (Elemental storms), still best to wait until the hour to log in just to be safe. You dont want to log in with 2 players either AFK, or one of those players that dont participate. You'll be trying to solo a 20+ win elemental storm with 11mins haha.

4. Events. Carrying on from the above, the events are every hour. Playing the basic AI doesnt affect the events, you have to be on the main "map" and seek out the event specifics (Elements, Critters, Box or Monster). Many people have complained so im posting that here.

5. Event: Elemental storm. I've noticed a lot of people struggle with elemental storm. Use the same deck and strategy you would playing the normal AI. Each level has a "Popular" deck which is 90% win rate. Don't be afraid of using doubles either, if it's a fire elemental storm and you have 2-3 Ruby dragons, use them with Malboro and Pupu for example.
    Level 2 and 7 are the more difficult levels but you can always Quit if you get too many draws. Quitting and re-clicking the storm will give you a chance to change the card level, but be warned, it doesn't always work.

6. Public vs General chat. If you're wishing to talk to people whilst in game, use general chat. If you're posting in "Public", only those that aren't currently in game can view. So either whisper a single player, or use general chat. So obviously if you're in game chatting in public chat, you won't see the replies.

7. AI Limits. If you win some level 8-9 or A cards during Treasure Hunter events, make sure to use the limit selector when playing vs the AI or even players. 1 high level card with your lower cards, like how Guardian champs work. Just don't leave the limits as 1-9 and play random deck unless you have at-least x5 of each level, otherwise you'll have trouble.

8. Card Transmute. Over the course you'll have a fair few doubles from either opening many packs, or winning them. Don't transmute them until you have enough points to buy some packs of the next level, so if you're transmuting level 5 cards, make sure you have the 160 points for a level 6 booster. View the next paragraph for more info.

9. Avoiding Unfair limits. Sometimes due to the mechanics of Random limits, unfair limits can be made when you have x3 or more of an adjacent card level. So when you either win a card via treasure hunter event or transmute cards, be ready to purchase a pack of that level so you can at least get half the cards, thus avoiding a disadvantage when it comes to random limits (Both vs player and events)

10. How random limits work.
    There are many variables to how random limits work, I'll try to explain them simple enough so everyone can understand.

The game looks for levels of which you have x5 cards of, and at least x3 cards of adjacent levels. For example:
    If you have 5 cards level 5, this level can be chosen on its own. If you also have x3 of level 6, then the limit 5-6 can be chosen.

However, if you have x3 cards of both level 5 and 6 for example, then that is also a valid interval and create the 5-6 limit.

Also note that if you have x3 of an isolated level (No level 5 or 7, but x3 of level 6), then this level will not be chosen until you have at least x3 of an adjacent level.
    Last edited by Saintsy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Re: V3 Hints and Tips

Postby Saintsy » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:46 am

Recently added:
    Card transmute, AI limits, Events, Avoiding unfair limits, Elemental storm and How random limits work.

If any questions or think ive missed something, let me know.
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Return to Triple Triad