• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Wow, the AI is better than I thought.

This is where you talk strategy! What are your technics to win? Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Re: Wow, the AI is better than I thought.

Postby CbbK » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:54 am

But of course none of you used this methods to farm pts ;)
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby Saintsy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:48 am

Haha :P
    I do the whole 3x doomtrain, Carbuncle and Alexander if i need quick points.

Otherwise i just farm AI with my/tia rules haha.

But yeah, Tia's method is pretty handy if you're having trouble.. Once you reach level 5, the AI really becomes predictable so you can win 100% of the time with ease (Depending on rules)
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Postby Tiayviel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:55 am

Oh no no no, not points, I only used it to farm cards :p
    Tiayviel

Postby Soidisant » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:26 am

Tiayviel wrote:My lazy farm method when completing the deck was to grab 1xLv8 4xLv1. The AI will use his strongest card as an opener, or to take over your first card played (not 100% chance if he has Mog or Chicobo). Then he'll be left with only the weak Lv1s and that's easy pickings when you play your own GF card at the end. Lots of wins, guaranteed draws and a LOT of effort to lose.

I used a variation of this. I did it with Level 5 Biggs/Wedge and then 4 Level 1's. It was virtually impossible to lose.
    Soidisant

Postby SuperTheBoss » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm new and just made a thread similar to this. Does it seem that the AI is less likely to give you combo opportunities than a real player since it will always know your hand?
    SuperTheBoss

Postby CbbK » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:37 am

The AI doesn't really know your cards in hand, but it plays considering that you may have any of them. That way it'll always put a card that reduces your chances of combo. It doesn't know your cards, but it knows all of them!
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby SuperTheBoss » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:00 pm

So I guess what I need to do is practice memorizing the cards at each level I play at. Good news is the AI doesn't seem to like using duplicate cards so that will make it easier to predict. Either way a greater knowledge of what cards work together would help. Thanks.
    SuperTheBoss

Postby pokemon master » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:54 pm

SuperTheBoss wrote:Either way a greater knowledge of what cards work together would help.

i think you posted on an earlier post that you are using only lvl 1's for now so i'll keep the tips on that lvl:
    basic thing is to get good numbers on every side you can, specially vs ai, since comp will always have a same play style no matter what you choose (for PvP games taking more strong cards focusing on fewer sides can be beneficial-but rarely)

lvl 1's have highest numbers as following:
    top = 6
    right = 5
    bottom = 6 (also its good to notice 2nd strongest isn't 5, but 4)
    left = 6
    *caterchipillar is a good all rounder so its always a good pick for last card*

optional deck choices:
    Geezard-Funguar-Gesper-Caterchipillar-Cockatrice (i use this one the most for ai games)
    Fastitocalon-Gesper-Cockatrice-Funguar-Caterchipillar
    Blood Soul-Gesper-Red Bat-Cockatrice-Bite Bug

funguar is a better choice than red bat imo in clean games (no plus/same/combo) because it can turn as many cards as bat when looking at the top number and cant turn caterchipillar when looking at the left number, and has better defense on left which protects from bite bus and blobra, but ofc, in some games you'll rly wish you took red bat once your funguar gets flipped by blood soul :lol:

gesper and cockatrice are simply too strong for them to not be picked in ai games

*random awesome tip for PvP games (warning! this tip is useless once rule *open* is in function): keep on changing decks, it makes you unpredictable and advance faster as a player when you keep on improvising rather than keep on playing the same old strategy (probably hard at the beginning, but you get a grasp of it with time)
    can do it vs ai too to presure yourself, but as i said, ai keeps to his strategy and changing decks wont affect him

hope you found a helpful tip or two :)
    pokemon master

Previous

Return to Triple Triad