• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Triple Triad Tutorial 02C

This is where you talk strategy! What are your technics to win? Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Triple Triad Tutorial 02C

Postby .com » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:09 am

*** In this tutorial, the Rules are SAME, PLUS, and I added COMBO for fun. I have modified the cards to show one of my favorite decks. ***

Hi guys. Here is the Final part of the 02 Tutorials. In this scenario, the Opponent (Red) has started by using the Box-In Method:

We (Blue) are going to counter their start. There are many ways to go about this, and here are my favorite techniques.

I See Your Start, and Raise You Another:
    Here I have placed a card in a corner away from the other player's card. It is similar to the "Hit Me" start, but the 5 makes it a bit stronger than a typical "Hit Me" start.

The SetUp:
    Here, I am placing a card down that if the opponent hits my 3 or 5, I will be able to perform a double hit and gain the lead. In almost every case, the opponent will chose to move into the corner spot in order to protect themselves.
    The SetUp Technique in this case is actually fairly inefficient. The board remains fairly open, and if the player does make a move, they are pretty well protected, and can recover from any leads quite easily.
    Instead, keep this SetUp in your memory and do the next steps.

Setting Up the Set-Up, Part 1:
    Remember that we did a Set Up at the Bottom of the Board? So, what we want to do is hit the Box In Card at the Bottom. The placement of our hit is VERY important, especially if there is COMBO, as we DO NOT want the player to use our own cards against us. Since we know we are doing a SetUp at the bottom, we can assume that our SetUp card will protect the Cockatrice.

Setting UP the Set-Up, Part 2:
    I can pretty much guarantee 99.9% of the time, the opponent will hit back their Geezard, thus completing their Box-In.

Setting UP the Set-Up, Part 3:
    Remember I told you to keep the Original SetUp in your memory? Now is the time to use it. This is a much more efficient use of the Set-Up. What we have done is we made it so that if the Opponent takes our weak 1 side, we will have a Plus with our Caterchipillar and take the lead. If this looks familiar, it is because I learned it from the AI lol.

Next, I just want to show you what would happen if the Opponent hit us with their Caterchipillar with COMBO active.

Finally, Here is the brutal defeat they will suffer if they were unlucky enough to fall into this trap:
    You can see why I like this more :)

Well, that's it for TTFO Tutorial 02. I hope you guys enjoyed this series. My next set of tutorials will explore the dreaded COMBO, so get ready to get your brains twisted and bent!

Happy Holidays!
    .com
    .com

Re: Triple Triad Tutorial 02C

Postby MukuroY » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:34 pm

:o
    I'll take note of this! But what happens if he take our Fastitocalon-F for the side 1 and we recover it with Caterchipillar, the games can end as draw, or if it is a deathmatch he will have our Caterchipillar (if he use his Fastito at left)... So many things to think about :? I need play more in low lvls...
    Waiting or more! :D
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby .com » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:23 pm

That is a very good question Mukuroy, and it is a valid concern. If the opponent were to take our 1 with their Fastitocalon, my suggestion would be to place your Geezard at the top left corner. We would be creating a combo setup where we can take their Cockatrice and combo to get their Geezard. Truthfully, the fact that these 2 decks are totally the same is not something that you are likely to encounter in a real game. Most players generally try to have their own distinct decks which is part of their character. In a real game, you should find this strategy to be very useful.
    .com

Postby MukuroY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:22 pm

I was looking for some old post and I just noticed your images all disappeared :P
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Return to Triple Triad