• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Triple Triad Tutorial 02A

This is where you talk strategy! What are your technics to win? Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Triple Triad Tutorial 02A

Postby .com » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:03 pm

** This Tutorial is based on Same & Plus Rules. It is a continuation of TTFO Tutorial 01. The deck used is purely for the purpose of this Tutorial and is not recommended for actual play. Also, the strategies are only my favorites and do not constitute all the available moves that are possible. **

Waging War, TT Tutorial 02:
    In this Tutorial, Player 2(Red) will start. We will be player 1(Blue). We will be countering the start moves based on Tutorial 01, with the Same & Plus rules in mind. I have chosen to use lv 1 cards for this Tutorial to allow new players to practice.

Basic Start:
    Player 2 has started with a move that we are unable to attack right away. The most obvious move might be to place our own Gesper down, but be careful because this will lead to you being "Boxed In." If you don't mind being boxed in, then go for it. Otherwise, here is what I recommend:

I See Your Start, and Raise You Another Start:
    Here, we are countering the player's start with our own start. This is an extremely useful technique, but is best used away from the other player's start. Notice that our start is on the other side of the board. This allows us more room to battle.

Hit Me, I Dare You, Counter:
    Here is another example of countering the player with your own start. Here we are using the "Hit Me, I Dare You" as our start.

The Set-Up:
    This counter really only works with Same/Plus rules, so don't bother with it if you aren't playing with these rules. This is one of the more aggressive counters, and my personal favorite. Here we have placed a card down that, if the player takes the card from any of the weaker sides( Sides with 1), we will have a Same or Plus counter with our Geezard that will place us in the LEAD!

O.K. That is all for now. The next Tutorial will be a continuation of this one. Comments are welcome. Hope this helps!

.com
    Last edited by .com on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    .com

Re: Triple Triad Tutorial 02A

Postby CbbK » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi .Com, very good initiative, great work.
    It makes me think that we could integrate your tutorials pretty easily in the game, using controls like the replay, newcomers could read your explanations, understand the move and decide to play the next move or rewind to redo it from the begining.
    CbbK
    Site Admin

Postby MukuroY » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Very great initiative, Sir .com! I'm a complete noob in lvl 1, so you can take sure I'll be waiting for your next tutorial! xD

Very great initiative! As CbbK says, would be a good idea if a tutorial like this could be integrated in game to newcomers learn how chose a deck and use the rules. Or even old players... I'm very lazy and dont like to think so much to chose a deck or my first move. I hope someday I can pay more attention in my choices. lol

Thanks!
    Wild MUK appeared!
    MukuroY

Postby .com » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:16 am

I am glad you guys are finding these useful. I will keep them coming. Hopefully, I will still have some tricks left over for myself :)
    .com

Postby Saintsy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:07 am

Haha yeah, my level 1-3 is pretty weak as i rarely play it so i'm also looking forward to the next lot of tutorials :)
    Good stuff bro
    SpenceKwon wrote: dont piss on my back and try to tell me it's raining

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Saintsy

Return to Triple Triad