• Play Triple Triad
  • The cards
  • Community
  • Forum
  • Anyone one have AI Advice?

This is where you talk strategy! What are your technics to win? Share your knowledge or ask your questions here.

Anyone one have AI Advice?

Postby TrueChaoS » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:14 am

Hey guys, I just have a quick question. I've been playing for a few days now, and I've noticed that, to me, the AI seems INSANELY hard to beat. The majority of the time, I can just scrape by with a Draw, and my wins seem to have been purely luck based, because of my cards against the AI's cards.

Does anyone have any tips for beating the AI?
    Like a lurking shadow
    TrueChaoS

Re: Anyone one have AI Advice?

Postby .com » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:25 am

AI can be easier if you learn same/plus rules. If you are not comfortable with those yet, stick to just no rules. I suggest playing OPEN and observe what the computer chooses for its cards. Imitate it, and learn its strategies. To defeat your adversary, you must know how he thinks. Once you feel you know enough, choose CLOSED games and use what you learned. Eventually, you will develop your own strategies.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :D
    .com

Postby TrueChaoS » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:25 am

.com wrote:AI can be easier if you learn same/plus rules. If you are not comfortable with those yet, stick to just no rules. I suggest playing OPEN and observe what the computer chooses for its cards. Imitate it, and learn its strategies. To defeat your adversary, you must know how he thinks. Once you feel you know enough, choose CLOSED games and use what you learned. Eventually, you will develop your own strategies.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :D

I'm very comfortable with Same and Plus, haha.. It's generally how I win (that and playing Closed so the other people can't plan ahead of me xP ). I just find that the AI is always forcing me into a spot where I cannot win. 90% of the time, I can manipulate its movements (it has a very predictable method of "flip ALL the cards!"), but forcing a win just seems to be beyond me. I even have to disable Same, Plus and Combo because the AI likes to get me in a set up where no matter what I do, I can't counter it.

Random question, but does playing Closed actually change how the AI works, or is it like in FF8 where the AI totally ignores that and still seems to know what you have (at least, higher tier players like the Queen of Cards on Disc 4)? If it does take that into note and "doesn't know", then I may be able to use that to my advantage.

EDIT: I HAVE found that playing L3 only, rather than L4, is easier though. Safe corners are ACTUALLY safe (for the most part, where as in L4, every card can be flipped in almost any hand)
    Like a lurking shadow
    TrueChaoS

Postby Jack Daniels » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:45 am

you must learn to OWN THE AI at all card levels....it is possible ;)

especially with NO RULES. basic game. learn to own the AI (or least win majority of the time, and draw occassionally) with all card levels, and taht will help your basic game skills, for sure
    Jack Daniels

Postby Jack Daniels » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:03 pm

bump ^^
    Jack Daniels

Postby reakq » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:34 pm

I did that minimovie to show you a way to win against the AI :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtwBRc6hInA&feature=youtu.be
    reakq

Postby Jack Daniels » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:11 pm

lol
    so if you want to earn pts quickly, welp....there you go :lol:

altho now maybe CbbK will watch that video and code in wiser AI moves to prevent that easy win strategy. he's done it before ~~
    Jack Daniels

Postby The Unknown » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:16 am

I AGREE WITH EVERYBODY HERE!!!! :D :) ;)

I need to learn how to own the AI myself-can anyone give me any tips? ;) :lol: ;)
    The Unknown

Postby TrueChaoS » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:47 pm

The Unknown wrote:I AGREE WITH EVERYBODY HERE!!!! :D :) ;)

I need to learn how to own the AI myself-can anyone give me any tips? ;) :lol: ;)

Your behavior is unbecoming of your reputation.
    Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Like a lurking shadow
    TrueChaoS

Return to Triple Triad